Monday 3 June 2013

Beyond Frustrated

Kira was weighed today and it turns out she's losing weight again. I'm so frustrated because the doctors in the hospital won't do anything. They literally won't. They just throw medication at the situation and it's just not good enough. And furthermore, it's not f-ing working. It's as though they just don't care. She's been in and out of hospital for the past five weeks or so now and the last time they discharged her, despite the fact she'd lost weight and was refusing to eat. They couldn't have made me and Avi (her father) feel more unwelcome if they'd tried, and they treat Kira like she's just a fussy eater - despite the fact that they KNOW she has this serious condition. I feel so helpless, but knowing just how helpless she is and how much she needs me right now keeps me going. It almost gives me the strength to keep fighting them, as I had to do before anyone would do tests to find out why she wasn't growing.

Why does it all have to be such a fight?

I'm currently sat in bed as I write this, watching Avi struggling to syringe-feed her the rest of her bottle. And it's pretty safe to say there's more on the bib than in her stomach right now.

I don't know what to do. I keep googling her condition, hoping I'll find something new. Something that will give me a better insight into what on earth is going on and how I can make it better. I'm so scared her heart is just going to stop beating. I just want her to be okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment